Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On the road...

So far April's been a busy month. I've visited schools and presented at book fairs. And then there was the Texas Library Association conference. I haven't been able to do much writing or illustrating. But that changes immediately, as I have deadlines. Here are a few pics from the past few weeks.

Below: I finished off March visiting Windsor Park Elementary in Corpus Christi, Texas. It was a very sharp group of kids.



































Below: A week later, I found myself back in Corpus Christi, presenting to kids at the Children's Book Festival. On the night before the festival, there was a book signing in which college students performed two of my books -- illustrated and all. Here I am with a few of the artists:






















































On the day of the festival, we presented to little under a thousand kids. The two other authors were Keith Graves and Salima Alikhan, pictured below:




















































Then it was off to present at a local school. Yes, that's me, very tiny, presenting to the the entire 4th grade student body:




















































Last week was the Texas Library Association conference. This year it was held in Austin. I had the pleasure of signing SHE LOVED BASEBALL with author Audrey Vernick, at the HarperCollins booth. Here's a few random shots:





































































Immediately following TLA, I hightailed it to Houston where I presented to students at Key Middle School, for their Books, Boxers and Boys: Inspiring Young Males to Read conference. Other authors: Charles R. Smith Jr., Mat Johnson.


















































































But that's not all. I have two more dates in April. I'll be at Hart Elementary school in Austin on the 29th, and then PJ Hoover and I will do The Write Stuff program in Pfluggerville, TX on the 30th.

9 comments:

lindsey lane said...

Holy Moly...that's a lot...but so much fun and so worth getting tired, eh?

Bucky Jones said...

Wowza, Don, what a whirlwind you're on! Fantastic stuff and so cool you're inspiring all those young minds! Keep up the great work!

Don Tate II said...

Thanks, Lindsey, Buck!

Crichton Roth (author of a LOT of books but they aren't published) said...

Hi. I didn't know you had a blog. Thank you soooooooo much for the picture!!!!!

rental mobil jakarta said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Laser Northern Virginia said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.
http://bderm.com/

singapore airport transfer said...

You can know all about being on road. Good post

bus from kl to penang said...

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here.

chemical peels said...

This looks awesome, Don. Visit us here some time. I hope that you'll have more success in your book fairs. Congratulations.