Friday, December 03, 2010

A note to aspiring authors who've contacted me

Because I'm a children's book illustrator, and a loud-mouth social networker, I tend to attract A LOT! of proposals from authors with book ideas. I hate turning people away, and I'd love to assist if I could. But please know, I'm a book creator myself. I illustrate. I write. And I'm knocking doors just like you, trying to figure out this crazy business.


If you're an author who's messaged me with a book idea, and I haven't responded to you, please know I'm not intentionally ignoring you. If you've emailed a manuscript to me, and I haven't responded, please don't take it personally — I'm just not sure what to do with it and all the other requests. If I took the time to respond to every email, Facebook personal message, direct message tweet, I wouldn't have time to do what I do -- write and illustrate children's books (and social network).


In the meantime, I highly advise you to join your local and national SCBWI.


Thanks for your patience, I'm rooting for you.

No comments: