Friday, December 03, 2010

A new book for African American quilters

Author Kyra E. Hicks included my name in her new book 1.6 Million African American Quilters: Survey, Sites, and a Half-Dozen Art Quilt Blocks. The book is about Black quilt makers -- quilt industry figures including numbers of Black quilters nationally, resources of websites, blogs, and YouTube videos featuring African American quilters and guilds. I'm included in a section called Black Quilters in Cyberspace. Although I'm certainly not a quilter -- though I could be if I wanted to, I'm good with my hands -- I was included because of the fabric I designed awhile ago for David's Textiles (example). The fabric is no longer available, but it's still in demand. To this day people email me looking for the product, or for other fabric featuring African American images.

What a fine resource Kyra has created.

No comments: