Saturday, April 11, 2009

Illustrating and conferencing, but no blogging (probably)

Now is when things are going to get stressful. I'm already halfway through April, and I have so much to accomplish before the first of May.

To keep on schedule, in the next two weeks, I need to finish three spreads for Effa, a picture book for HarperCollins. So far, I'm happy with how the illustrations are shaping up. But I need to stop and begin working on my keynote for the AACBWI conference coming up in two weeks.

In addition, this coming Thursday and Friday, I'll be in the Corpus Christi Book Festival, which will involve a school visit on Friday afternoon. Friday evening, I'll take a plane to Dallas, and then on Saturday I'll be in a Children's Book and Literary Festival there.

But that's not all. I have several other little projects in the works, not to mention I'd like to contribute in some way to The Brown Bookshelf. So if I'm incognito over the next few weeks, you now know why.

I'll still be Twittering and FaceBooking, however, because micro-blogging doesn't take up too much time.

************
In other news: The celebration at BookPeople today, with Kathi Appelt and Cynthia Leitich Smith was very nice. Each author introduced the other. They showed trailers of their books, Eternal and The Underneath. Then they interviewed each other and read letters from their readers. A very warm, well attended event. I'm glad I was there.

1 comment:

PJ Hoover said...

Great seeing you (briefly) today, Don!