Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm so technologically (is that a word?) out of date

This kind of thing keeps happening to me: My mom sends pictures for me to view at an online photo album, but I can't view them because I don't have the current Flash player installed. I can't install the current Flash player because I don't have the current version of Firefox installed. I can't install the current version of Firefox because I don't have the current operating system installed. I don't have the current operating system installed because my computer is too old. I don't have an up-to-date computer because, well, who can afford a new computer in an economy like this?

3 comments:

Steve Cozart said...

Don,
I was directed to your blog by a fellow artist. I like the work and (if you dont mind) I was wondering:
1) What medium do you work in?
2) How do you keep the work going?
Thanks,
Steve Cozart

Nicole Tadgell said...

So true for me, too! And another thing - I could try to update the OS, but I still have data that needs to be backed up. It's 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. Frustrating!

Don Tate II said...

Steve-- Your stuff is phenominal! If you aren't published yet, you soon will be. Very nice brush and pencil work.

I use mostly acrylics and oils. Sometimes I use the computer, Photoshop and Illustrator.

I've been trying to do more pencil work myself, it's relaxing.

Best to you!

Hey, Nicole. That is so frustrating, yes. Im hoping I can get a new computer this year.