Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday goodies made for a big soft belly

I'll definitely have to wait until after the holidays to get myself back into shape. I haven't worked out since way before the Trail of Lights 5k run, and we have too many sweets in the house to think about chiseling my abs.

Here's a list of all the holiday goodies we received from friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, and teachers over the past week:

-Beer batter bread
-Oatmeal cranberry cookies
-Lemon bars
-Homemade fudge
-Pumpkin bars
-Fruit cake (really good!)
-Sugar cookies
-Chocolate chip cookies
-Several varieties of trail mix
-Ginger cookies
-Gingerbread loaf (3)
-Apple streusel loaf
-Homemade cinnamon tortilla chips
-Rum balls
-Oreos dipped in white chocolate

This is only a partial list because I've already eaten many things and can't remember now, and this doesn't include things like the deep-dish pumpkin pie and cheese cake we had for dinner at friends, or the goodies my wife bought home from her Christmas party at work. My belly is overlapping my belt, and I'm so badly out of shape, my muscles are sore from playing Wii Sports.

1 comment:

PJ Hoover said...

Wii sports are good exercise. I stay standing. Which makes me want to run downstairs right now and play a bit of Mario Kart.
Totally understand on the food. I'm satiated.