Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's been decided

Pertaining to the problem in my previous post, where I wasn't sure whether to attend a party tomorrow or take my son Trick-or-Treating, it's been decided. Here's how the conversation went:

"Dad, I can't wait until tomorrow!"

"Why?" I asked him, knowing the answer.

"Because it's Halloween, Trick or Treat!"

"Since when do you like Trick or Treat? You are usually too scared." I thought my argument was sound, figured my party was in the bag.

"That's not true," he said. His voice sounded hurt.

"Yes it is," I drove my argument home. "I usually have to make you go Trick or Treating, and you never want to stay out long."

"You weren't even home last year on Trick or Treat. Or the year before," he shot back. "You were at work, so how would you know?"

After a long pause, I changed the subject.

3 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Wow, you sound like the dad in Jingle All the Way. Or maybe I should say he sounds like the kid in Jingle All the Way :)

Roberta said...

Well that pretty much closes the deal....so what's he going to be?

Liv is the same way!.
I keep reminding myself... there'll come a time when I won't be tops on her party list.

rindawriter said...

Children do have a way of articulating things!