Saturday, September 20, 2008

What a Saturday, what a Saturday

Thursday was my son's birthday, but tomorrow (Sunday) we are having his party. This year, we are doing a Mad Science theme here in our home, which means we had to do some serious cleaning (we never really got around to cleaning for our out of town guest).

The wife and I have two very different ideas about what and how to clean. She's more of a surface cleaner, so she picked up dirty socks, swept the floors, emptied trash cans and ran the dishes through the dishwasher. I'm more of a profound kind of a cleaner; I washed the walls and floorboards, shampooed the carpet and upholstery, scraped the brown caulk from around the kitchen sink and laid down fresh beads of white. I even hired a yard crew to spruce up our flowerless flower bed, and then I pruned the trees. Somewhere in between all the cleaning, I finished and shipped a painting and worked a full shift at my newspaper gig.

So what does all this mean? Means I'm tired. Real tired. I'm going to bed now.

Good night.

5 comments:

J. J. Hebert said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. No wonder you're tired!

Roberta said...

Happy birthday little Mr. Tate!

What a great family you are!!!

PJ Hoover said...

Hope the Mad Science party is a blast! Happy birthday to your little one!

AG Ford said...

Hey Don, thanks for the comment on my blog, you are one of the few that has actually done that. I guess my name really isn't out there yet, but my book comes out on Tuesday the 30th (more info on my site) http://www.agfordillustration.com. You have a lot of books, congrats on all you have accomplished, your style is so consistent and the colors are very vibrant, nice!! Well, I really do appreciate you taking the time to view my work, Im not sure how you cam across it but.... cool. Well, take care and I will check your blog from time to time, I hope you can do the same. Peace!!

rindawriter said...

Hi, Don! Happy Birthday to the little one!

Sorry I haven't commented as much as I'd like to as I've been so busy with my new job. Feels good to be back! Rinda