Thursday, September 11, 2008

Go away, Ike!

Hurricane Ike is not only responsible for the cancellation of our SCBWI Editor's Day event this Saturday, but it's also washing each and every one of our friends who live in Houston our way. Looks like we're gonna have a house full of people this weekend.

Of course, I don't mind. But my house ain't clean and the wife ain't here to clean it, which means I'm gonna have to trade in my brushes and paints for brooms and mops. And vacuums. And carpet shampoo and Comet and Windex. And dish washing liquid, and. . .

5 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

You should get yourself a Roomba. Then you can vacuum while you paint!
It's the ultimate in multi-tasking.
Have fun!

Dee said...

Yeah, we've already settled into my mom's house in San Antonio. I think central Texas is busting at the seams right now. :)

I'm crossing my fingers that Ike moves quickly, but that's not likely to happen. :(

Rinda M. Byers said...

No, Don what you really need are one of those little robot vacumm machines that just run all over and under things and gobble up all the bad stuff while you paint!!!

Have you ever seen the vacumm cleaner in the TV mini-series movie, "The Tenth Kingdom?" Hilarious!

Dee said...

We're good. My laptop and artwork were packed up nice and dry. Handy things those portfolios. :)

Roberta said...

That Ike was one nasty visitor!!!
We had quite a lot of damage!!Mostly trees down.
We just got our power back on yesterday...let me tell you that was one long week.