Monday, July 21, 2008

Character studying


















I'm cutting lose! Relaxing. Improvising, like the jazz artists do. My approach to this book will be much different others before.

Each painting will not be the final. Well, it could be the final, but it could make the trash cut, too. See, I figure with this approach, I'll loosen up. I won't worry about getting it right. I'll feel free to experiment, take chances, to do some things I otherwise might not.

Let's see where this takes me. If anything, I could end up with a few pieces to sell.

5 comments:

INDIGENE said...

I love how you use the blue in the image. It give a feel of coolness which jazz is and reminds me of "Blue Note" which was a jazz club name and also a label. So follow your intuitive side, it's vibing and working for you!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Danny Lowe said...

Don! You captured him!

rindawriter said...

I LIKE it of course because it looks like it could translate into stained glass, but probably, I just like it!

rindawriter said...

I LIKE it of course because it looks like it could translate into stained glass, but probably, I like it because it is blue, too! And jazzy.

rindawriter said...

I keep thinking about it and couldn't resist writing more. Blue is the keynote color, unconsciously relates to jazz, yes, that's the main reason why I like it.