Thursday, June 19, 2008

Found in my archives



Today I found this old video on my hard drive. Originally, it was a promotional piece for the book I illustrated, The Legend of the Valentine. It was about 7 years ago when Zondervan flew a multimedia person to Austin from Grand Rapids Michigan, to film me working in my studio. The disc was then mailed to thousands of bookstores around the country. Funny, it never did work for me. But now with YouTube, I can actually see it. Ug, I hate seeing myself on film. I was so nervous, I don't know how they managed to edit together a complete sentence without me stopping to yell, "Cut! Start over!"

I am a better speaker now, more relaxed. I think.

I should make one of these videos for Ron when it publishes. With technology today, I can do it myself.

6 comments:

rbaird said...

How cool!
You really should do one for Ron.
It would be interesting to see the differences.

Anonymous said...

Awww, go on! You didn't seem nervous at all. I thought it was very well done.

Danette V.

paula said...

Wow...That was good, Don! I guess you're the only one who knows you were nervous, etc. because you can't tell. I agree with Roberta...Do a Ron one of your own when the book is done!

Thanks for sharing.

Wild About Words said...

Don,

I thought that was a great video.

All best,
Donna

rindawriter said...

Don, you're an excellent speaker! Clear, articulate, interesting. A born storyteller, if you ask me!

Joey said...

You must be a great speaker now. That was really well done. Be proud.