Friday, May 23, 2008

Derailed on Friday

My book was due to the publisher today. But because of the holiday, they requested it be delivered on next Wednesday. Great! Bought me an extra couple of days, allowed me to work at a slower, more relaxed (relaxed is relative) pace. I appreciated that turn of events.

But then this morning, before I began putting final touches on the last painting, I received a large batch of revision requests in my email box. And that derailed me.

I put my brushes away; I'm not painting today. My son got a new skateboard. I think I'm going skateboarding.

The good thing about all of this is, it put me in cranky enough a mood, that I'm gonna call a certain educational publisher (and artist agent) and demand payment for a project I completed and billed for in January. It's been almost five months and I've been real nice about it. Up till now.

3 comments:

storybooks4kids said...

WHY DO YOU HAVE AN AGENT? OR PUBLISHER?

Don Tate II said...

Huh?

rindawriter said...

Huh???? Wah!

He has an agent AND a publisher.

He has them
BECAUSE HE WORKS FOR MONEY!!!!!!

LIKE ANY SELF-RESPECTING AMERICAN WORKER....!