Saturday, March 08, 2008

My promotional flyer, educational publishers























A few weeks ago, I presented at SCBWI Houston, where I preached the importance of artists promoting their services. Hypocrite, I am. In the last ten years or so, I haven't done much self promotion at all, other than my website and this blog.

So yesterday, I created the flyer above. My art agent will use it in a spring mailing to educational publishers. Go ahead, download it if you'd like. Once I receive approval on the layout, I'll upload the flyer to 24hourprint.com. They have a great deal going: 500 prints for $199.00*. And they'll mail the prints directly to my art agent.

I was advised to use only one or two images on the flyer, just enough to draw publishers to my or my agents website. Instead, I used 6. I'm a cheapskate. If I'm going to spend almost $200 on promotion, I wanna squish as many images on one page as possible.

FYI: Tugeau2 now has a blog! It hasn't launched yet, but will soon. Tune in.

*I just noticed, 24hourprint.com, in the last 24 hours, has completely redesigned their website (for the worse), and raised their prices. Disregard the price I listed above.

2 comments:

Indigene said...

Wonderful promo piece! You've been very busy for someone who hasn't done in promotions! Keep up the great work!

rindawriter said...

It's really attractive. I'm glad you used 6 photos. I like dense-looking pictorial things