Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm hot

Excuse me, but I am very hot. Not because it's 82-degrees outside (93-degrees inside the house). Not because my 25-year-old daughter starred yesterday on the TV show Divorce Court (Seriously, I'm not joking; I'll post the episode # soon). And I'm not hot because my mother-in-law visited from Las Vegas last week, and washed and folded my underwear.

I'm hot because our central air conditioning unit broke down yesterday, and a service man is here fixing it right now. When he leaves, he's gonna take $820.00 of my Effa/HarperCollins advance, money I'd planned to use on...anything but my air conditioner.

On the bright side, I guess I should be thankful that I can afford to get the unit fixed at all. Had it broke down a month ago, we'd be sitting in this house sweating like pigs, not smelling right.

Sigh.

3 comments:

indigene said...

Well, Don, you are indeed, hot! lol! I'm sorry for laughing, but your description is hilarious! On a serious note...$820.00? Wow...please tell me he put in a new unit!

Dee said...

We're about to do the same dang thing. What makes it even worse is that we'll be selling the house in a few months! argh!

You've definitely got a lot more to be "hot under the collar" about though. Divorce Court? Wow.

rindawriter said...

I'm not laughing. Am air conditioning break down is SERIOUS stuff. I can't believe it is that hot there. WE are still running our heater twice a day!