Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Books and more books, back-to-back

It's officially official! I am the illustrator for... I don't feel comfortable revealing the exact title yet. Not without the permission of my publisher. So, I'll refer to my newest project as Effa. I will begin working this new picture book biography later this year, and it will publish in late 2009 or early 2010 with HarperCollins.

At the same time, looks like, I'll be illustrating Duke, too, for Charlesbridge. I plan to sketch both books, back to back, and then paint both books at the same time, providing they share the same color pallet.

So, what about Bill? Well, we are still discussing the illustrator for this project. No, I won't be the illustrator on this. I don't think. Not unless my publisher is willing to wait for Duke and Effa, which I'd rather not happen. I'm anxious for this book to publish as soon as possible.

On the writing front, my agent is actively finding a home for...I don't feel comfortable revealing the title. I'll refer to this book as Henry. And recently, I sent her a copy of Doog. I really love both these stories, and hope she can find a home soon. And yes, I'm open to other artists illustrating these, too. Hey, I'm an author and illustrator, not an author/illustrator.

3 comments:

indigene said...

Congrats! That's what you want to be busy! How will you find the time?
Congrats again!

Dee said...

Wow! Congrats on all of these wonderful achievements Don! Can't wait to see your books. :)

rindawriter said...

Congratulations from me, too. You ARE both author and illustrator, and that is grand.