Thursday, March 20, 2008

Big Ideas, Writer's First Aid, Things That Make You Look Dumb

Chris Barton has been blogging a great series, The Big Idea (Part 2, 3, 4, 5). It offers tips on how to track down more information on a subject covered in a nonfiction book. Great stuff, I added it to my Bookmarks blog. For those interested, I have quite a few resources posted there. Here are a few:

Writer's First Aid by Kristi Holl

Making the Most of Your Writing Group by Jo Knowles

Revision notes by Darcy Pattison

Five Grammatical Errors That Make You Look Dumb by Brian Clark (proceed at your own risk, this link sometimes crashes my computer)

Picture Books – Plan, Polish, and Publish

What I'm Reading - On voice
the reading (mostly) journal of Linda Sue Park

I haven't kept this blog updated as much as I'd planned, and I have a few bad links that need to be deleted, too.

3 comments:

Chris Barton said...

Thanks for getting the word out, Don. That series started as a little idea and kept growing, so I'm glad to hear that it's among such good company in your bookmarks!

indigene said...

This is a wonderful resource. Thanks for putting out there!

rindawriter said...

Kristi is understating her expertise in her blog! She's not only an experienced and good writer, she's been an excellent writing teacher! I always feel her advice hits the spot somehow.