Thursday, February 07, 2008

And then. And then. And then ... an agent!

Ever since this afternoon, I've had great news to share. But first, I had to drive back from Dallas, following a full-day elementary school visit (more details to come). Then I had to attended a small group meeting with church members. Then I had to listen as my son read a book to me. Then I had to read off a long list of groceries to my wife who called from her cell phone while at the store. Then I had to wait for Blogger to act right.

So now, I finally I get to share my news: I have an agent. A licensing agent. An art agent. And now ... drum roll please ... a literary agent!

Sara Crowe of Harvey Klinger, Inc. She called while I was on the highway returning from Dallas. She likes my stories! Says they're well written. Funny. She was so enthusiastic. Wow! What a day I've had.

8 comments:

Kim said...

!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!

Chris Barton said...

Wow -- with all those agents, if you're not careful, you're going to have to spend your time creating!

Congrats, Don!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I lurk here. What? It's comfy and I enjoy your company! But today is different. I had to come out to say CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting for you. Things are surely looking up.

Danette V.

Don Tate II said...

Thanks Danette! Thank you all.

Wild About Words said...

Don,

Big, hairy congratulations!!! You work hard and deserve it.

Enjoy!
Donna

indigene said...

This is great news! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!
This is a good time to do your dance! :)

rindawriter said...

Yes, indeed, Don, congratulations!!! I suspect you will be working freeland full-time very soon. I am very happy for you, very.

Liz in Ink said...

Dang -- I'm so late on this news, Don. CONGRATSSSSS!!!