Saturday, December 01, 2007

Mischief in the boys room

At the time I suppose it seemed to my 6-year-old son a humorous idea. A classmate thought so, too. He followed suit. Together, they had a good laugh.

I chose not to punish my son. His mischievous behavior uncharacteristic. Besides, he'd already paid the ultimate price: a paddling from his teacher.

"Why did you do it?" I asked him later that evening.

"I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry," he said. "Am I in trouble again?"

"No. You were honest. You fessed up. Just don't do it again."

I sent my son to bed and then retrieved the letter he'd written to his mother and me (his teacher made him write it). It read:

Dear mom and dad, I made someone pee on the floor and got a paddling. That was not wise (spelled whise). Dear mom and dad, I made someone pee on the floor and got a paddling. That was not wise. Dear mom and dad,..."

I couldn't have punished my son anyway, not with a straight face. Don't ask me why he told his classmate to pee on the bathroom floor. The better question: Why did the kid do it?

***********
Note: this is now twice in one week that I've used the word pee in a blog post. Enough with the potty humor?

1 comment:

Disco Mermaids said...

You've gotta get your son interested in marketing as a career. If he can convince a kid that peeing on the floor is something he should do, he could be an ad agency's dream!

On second thought, maybe you should keep him away from marketing.

- Jay