Monday, October 15, 2007

Blogging for a cure

Ok, I know. I said that I was too busy for blogging. And I am. But I just realized that this week kicks off the 'Blogging for a cure' campaign. In an effort to raise awareness of the Robert's Snow: For Cancer's Cure, and steer traffic over to the online auction, many, many, many folks have agreed to highlight some of the snowflakes to be auctioned off. And they're talking about the illustrators who created them, too.

My snowflake, "You'd better duck!" will be highlighted over at The Silver Lining on Wednesday, October 17. That means a few folks might end up here at this blog. Should that happen, I'd like to re-direct folks back over to the Robert's Snow site. Just little-ol'-nobody-me here. But over there, they gotta party going on! They got Ashley Bryan in da house! Mo Willems, Randy Cecil, Mark Teague and Jarrett J. Krosoczka. They even got Ms. Grace Lin herself! And more!

For those who end up hanging around here, they'll only discover I haven't been in the best mood lately, so I wanted to post something a little less...well, grouchy.

But I can't think of anything, so go check out the snowflakes, consider bidding, and see the full lineup of bloggers blogging about snowflakes and illustrators over at Liz in Ink.

***************

In other news: I discovered an interesting post over at Lee & Low Books, "How diversity Helps Literacy." They've even got graphics and pie charts everything! I don't mind bar and pie charts when I'm not the one making 'em. Take a minute to check it out!

2 comments:

Cloudscome said...

You are too cute. You know anybody that clicked over here wants to know more about you and your books.

About the Lee & Low article - Great article! I saw Miss Rumphius linked you about it. We are reviewing the diversity of our library and see that we are very weak on Spanish/Hispanic/Latino/a books. I sent this article to our other librarians. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

rindawriter said...

Diversity, Yay! Excellent article