Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mission accomplished. Almost






























I finished my sketches for Ron. Well, kinda. I finished everything except the cover, title page and the very last page, 32. The feedback I'll receive from my editor and art director will determine what these pages will be, so I'm going to wait. And one little mistake I made. On spread 28-29, I featured Ron sprawled out on the floor, reading. After rereading the text, he's supposed to be sitting in a chair. I like to sprawl when I read. I'll have to change this sketch next week.

4 comments:

rindawriter said...

Your "sketches" sure look like art to me, brotha!

Disco Mermaids said...

Does it ever happen that the art director loves your sketch so much (like the boy reading on the floor) that they ask the author to kindly change the text a tad?

- Jay

Ginger*:)* said...

I kinda like the floor spreading reading too! Maybe the publisher and author will see it your way.

gail said...

Kids like to sprawl and read too. Even if they are in a chair. Maybe the editor will think about that.

Love seeing your linear! Nice shirt too. ;)

gail