Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Spouting off

The following is a portion of an email I received earlier today from an agent. No, I'm not querying agents any longer, but I still had one submission out.

Agent: Dear Devas T., Thank you for sending me the first ten pages of your manuscript,. . .

Me: Dear Ms. Thang, I didn't send you the first ten pages of my manuscript; I only sent 3.

Agent: Although I appreciate your idea, I am sorry to write the opening pages didn’t grab me enough to want to request the rest of the manuscript. . . .

Me: It's good you're not requesting the rest of my manuscript because there ain't no more to send. It's a picture book, I sent the whole thing.

Agent: Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to consider your material.

Me: Thank you, too. But I don't know whose material you considered. It sure wasn't mine.

3 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

Wow...that's just pathetic.

rindawriter said...

Maybe this agent did you a hidden favor. If this is how he/she presents himself/herself to the public, maybe you are fortunate that he/she will not be reprenting your work out there in the wide world!

Ginger*:)* said...

I have two files for these, Don. One is in the blue box and one is in the BLACK box. The blue box is empty. Can you guess what's in the black box?