Monday, July 23, 2007

Dreaming about drawing

Last night when my slumber should have been filled with dreams about flying like a bird above the clouds or eating pecan pie or, better yet, about something much too unmentionable to mention on this blog, I dreamt about drawing Ron, the 8-year-old character of the book I'm currently illustrating.

All night long, I worked up a character study, drawing and painting him from every possible angle. When I awoke this morning, I went into my studio and continued to do what I'd done while I slept. Ain't that weird?

I'll submit a new study this week, however, as with all of my books, the character will evolve as I sketch out the entire book.

In other news: Congratulations to Liz on the sale of her picture book to Harcourt, and to Spelile on the sale of her bilingual picture book (her first!) to Arte Publico Press!

2 comments:

rindawriter said...

I just finished watching a PBS segment on sleep and dreams. Do you know that dreaming actually re-forms your brain? How you think about something? Cool, huh?!

Liz in Ink said...

Thanks so much for the tip of the hat, Don!