Monday, June 18, 2007

Two weeks to go!

The good news is that I have two weeks and 5 illustrations left to complete this book. The bad news is that I have two weeks and 5 illustrations left to complete this book. Hopefully, someday I'll look back at the final two weeks of June 2007 and find humor in it. Right now the only thing I find is stress, late nights, early mornings and no workouts. Ug, my biceps feel and jiggle like spaghetti. It's also been two weeks since I had a workout.

The funeral scene turned out well. My 5-year-old son, however, saw the painting this morning and had mixed reactions. "Who is the man? Is he dead? How'd he die? Stop talking about dead people, Dad!" Then he stormed out of my studio.
But raising these kind of questions were the authors intentions exactly.

This book will open doors to discussions about death, not an easy topic to raise otherwise. And I appreciate that the author has encouraged prayer, in words and pictures. This is a Christian book meant for those who don't have a problem with prayer or God or books that teach (preach) values.

Two weeks, counting down!

2 comments:

Thomas Kingsley Troupe said...

Tag! You're it.

See my blog for all the juicy details.

(and uh...don't feel bad if you choose NOT to participate.)

rindawriter said...

We need more books that open discussions about death. It hits little ones hard when it happens, the first time is always the hardest.