Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fuse #8 to SLJ

Oh my gosh. One of my favorite blogs has moved. Fuse # 8 is now over at at School Library Journal!

That's fantastic, I hope.

Resistant to change, the news threw me me for a loop. When I first heard, I thought: Great, good for her! I'll read her new blog, but I'm still gonna read her old blog, too. But apparently there will be no old blog! She's packing her bags, books, reviews, observations, HMCL, and she's completely moving.

I hope she won't change. What I especially like about Fuse #8 is her unabashed honesty. I mean, she has raised some hot topics — and who else in children's literature blog circles (except for maybe Roger) has been bold enough to address certain topics like she has? Fuse 8 always says it like it is and that is SO refreshing. And she does so without being snarky. Know what I mean?

I was especially honored when she included nobody me in her list of Hot Men of Children's Literature, along with illustrators like Kadir Nelson, Jarrett Krosoczka, Matthew Reinhart, Brian Selznick, Mo Willems, Tony DiTerlizzi and Chris Raschka.

Like Jesse would say, I am somebody!

I'll stop here. This is beginning to sound like an obit. The blog ain't dead, it's just moving. And besides that, I was honored to be included in SLJ, too (here, and here).

I won't let go of the old Fuse #8 blog just yet. Unless, of course, she deletes it. *shudder*

Now, if I could just get rid of that dang ad!

1 comment:

Thomas Kingsley Troupe said...

Poppin' in to say hello! You stopped by my dumb ol' blog a week or so ago and I wanted to check yours out.

Don't be a stranger!