Monday, June 11, 2007

Considering taking a break

*Inhale*

I hope my publisher won't read this post, but I think I need to stop painting for a couple of days and do absolutely nothing. I've been working non-stop every waking minute, with the exception of a Tae Bo workout yesterday. My inner voice is telling me that I need a break.


I began working a new painting this morning. So for, it's a disaster. I've been working on it now for about 8 hours, and it's getting worse, not better. Looks like a mishmash of mud and colors that don't belong together.

Mentally, I need a break. Physically, I need to go fishing.

Regardless of what I decide to do, this week, I must finish two FARMER paintings, one Scholastic painting, and I accepted a little test project for an educational publisher. That needs to be done this week, too.

And, I stayed up late the last two nights finishing a 4th of July collection for DAISIE (available later this week).

*Exhale*

How come ain't nobody paid me lately?

3 comments:

paula said...

I don't know how you do it, Don. You're working two jobs and somehow getting it all done. Amazing!

gail said...

Take a break! I know the feeling of when you're working on something and you just can't tell if it's getting better or worse. Set is aside, after a break it might not be as bad as you think. Or you might decide it is, but you'll have the energy to start over.

Man, you are one busy dude!
gail

rindawriter said...

It's truly OK to have a break! I'm glad you took one. Will you be doing kitties for Daisy some time and/or dogs? Always popular topics, it seems.

Got some YouTube videos from your fellow artistic sufferers in the picture book creation realm on my blog now. VERY funny! When you need a laughing break.