Friday, April 06, 2007

Scrapping good time!




















Yesterday was a lot of fun. Throughout the day, Suzanne, my licensing agent, sent samples of my work being used by a new licencee.

Daisie Company (D.A.I.S.I.E., Digital Art Images, Scrapbooking, Inspirations, Etcetera) offers online, digital scrapbooking kits, clip art and more. Their website offers art from more than 20 designers and illustrators (now, me included). Customers simply shop through Daisie's online catalog, download and print their materials. Then they're ready to create, without having to leave their homes!

I don't know much about this company, yet, but I was most impressed by the founders. From what I can gather, two mothers, who love to scrap book, turned their part-time passion into a full-time successful business. They're able to be at home with the kids, and run a business, too. Wow! What moms can do! I love stories like this.

As of today, some of my designs are now up on the Daisie website. This is incredibly fast turnaround. Most times, it takes about a year or two before a licensed design is available as a product. I sent my art to Daisie about a week ago. Over the next week, I will focus on Christmas and Kwanzaa designs, and then move on to other themes, like birthday, family reunion, and more boy stuff. As new designs become available, I'll make an announcement here.

********************
In other news: In the mail yesterday, I also received printed samples from Chartwell Studios. They've also licensed some of my art to be used as scrapbooking paper and stickers (my son's gonna love this, he loves stickers), available at Dollar Tree stores through the Miss Elizabeth's product line.

1 comment:

rindawriter said...

LOVE the Daisie site, very reasonable prices, with some nice freebies! I'll be bookmarking and sharing this site! Nice, nice images, Don, for little guys (and truck-minded little gals.

Wish you had sites like this on which your fabric line is sold also, any luck with that?