Monday, March 05, 2007

Submissions

Last night, on my way home from work, I had the worst experience ever on Austin roads. I got caught in an Austin-style traffic jam. Normally it takes me about ten- fifteen-minutes, tops, to get home from work at night. But last night, it took me over two hours. Little cars like mine mixed with trucks and 18-wheelers, bumper to bumper, stretched on for about 10 miles. Tempers flared. There were no incidents of road rage that I know of, but I'm sure each driver was outraged. The department of transportation had closed down the highway. No warning. No signage. No nothing, but a two-hour traffic mess. Good thing I had a full tank because normally I don't.

When I got home, it was almost 1 a.m. I should have went to bed, but I was too wound. I didn't get to sleep until almost 3. And I had to get up at 6 a.m. to get my son ready for school. Needless to say, today I was burned out.

In spite, I still managed to revise three manuscripts, write three cover letters and prepare three submissions packages. They're ready to go!

Now, Farmer revisions full-time...except for my full day school visit on Friday.

3 comments:

Liz Scanlon said...

Holy Moly! Talk about time well spent. Insomnia's sounding like a good idea...

Don Tate II said...

@Liz: In all fairness, I only completely revised one manuscript. The other two involved revising three or for paragraphs that didn't read as well as I thought.

rindawriter said...

I've been having a LOT of insomnia lately....been gettign LOTS done, too. LOVE those late-night hours though.