Monday, March 19, 2007

Stranded in Vegas

Let me give you a piece of advice, if you don't already know: Don't be late and miss a flight.

I'm kind of a stickler about being places on time, especially when it comes to traveling. It drives the wife crazy. She operates on CP time, and don't mind doing so, and that's caused her to miss flights. I don't do that. Period. But yesterday, my attention was dulled, eating out at a fancy Vegas buffet. We made it to the airport two hours in advance of our flight, but airport travel was extra heavy due to spring break and St. Patricks day. We missed our red eye. And the next 5 hours were a nightmare I'll never forget.

I won't get into the details, but it was a long, boring, frustrating, tense, 5 hours that almost cost me $700 were it not for a flight reservationist who went beyond the call of duty to get me and my family back to Austin at no additional cost.

2 comments:

Liz in Ink said...

Oh, golly.
Welcome home!!

rindawriter said...

Reminds of the my Thanksgiving horror train trip to Oregon! Glad you are all back safe.