Sunday, March 25, 2007

My 'Tales of the City' essay

You can read the actual essay here. When I showed up at work today, I'd received several emails and phone calls of support (And thanks Jerry).

Thanks, too, to Kelly at Big A little a for including a link to my essay in her list writers and illustrators who are out and about, being interviewed, profiled, and writing essays.

Now, about the 10K. I finished. Ran the entire distance. Didn't walk, stop or even pause to use the restroom, which was a challenge since my wife was insistent that I be well hydrated before the race.

This was my first 10K, and not to brag, but I didn't prepare for it at all. I think it was the Tae Bo that I've been doing every other day that helped. Anyway, today is a good day.

4 comments:

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

Congratulations on the essay, Don! Great job. And hurrahs on the 10K too.

cloudscome said...

Great job! I enjoyed that essay very much. I am so impressed with your run too.

Chris Barton said...

Words sure didn't fail you this time, Don. Well done!

rindawriter said...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. You had a GOOD editor. gentle noninvasive. Being a copy editor, I know! I cannot detect her influence in your style at all. She just made YOU shine, shine, shine brotha, just you, your words, yeah, you PUBLISHED author you!!! It's ALL you! Love, it, LOVE IT, love it, love it......

Write like this some more, okay?!!