Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Is there a cybrarian in the house?

I learned a new word today! In all honesty, given my limited, one-syllable vocabulary, I learn a new word every day. But today's discovery is particularly interesting and apropos.

The word, a noun: cybrarian \sye-BRAIR-ee-un A person whose job is to find, collect, and manage information that is
available on the World Wide Web (M-W).

Example sentence:
The library provided an e-mail address to submit inquiries to the
cybrarian.

Librarians? Of course, duh. But I'd never heard of a cybrarian. Have you? I need to make a trip to the library, but I've been too busy. I wonder if libraries in Austin have cybrarians.

Must be a fairly new word. It's driving my spell check crazy.

1 comment:

rindawriter said...

Cool new term! My new word is mysogyny, "hatred of women." I just put up a new blog about mysogyny in Narnia...so fun to use strange, important-sounding words!

Wonder if there are cybermysogynists.....? Just goofing around, just goofing around...