Friday, November 10, 2006

Veteran's Day Friday

I'm in for an interesting morning. Today, I need to cram 16 hours of illustration into the 6 hours of time I have before heading into work at my full-time gig. Nothing new; I do that every day. But for city workers, today is a holiday — Veteran's day is observed. Means the lovely wife is home and she ain't seen me all week, and she's ready to catch up on all the things we've missed 'cause I've been working all week.

With only two people in the house, I figured it would be rude to close and lock my studio door, so I didn't do that. I just limited my end of the conversation attempts to, "uh-huh" and "uh-um" while I sat glued to my computer, working on cover designs for ZOOM.

She just left, went to run errands. Now, I feel bad.

*********************

Sitemeter
Self indulgent brotha I am, I went and loaded a sitemeter to this blog. It's only been active for three days, but having it there answered a question that's been bugging me: Does anyone actually read this blog? I'd assumed, based upon my comment box, that no one does. Well, of course, I read it to death, but that don't count. Turns out, I receive three times more traffic here than I do at my other "more popular" blog, which I sitemetered long ago. Because of my busy schedule, I've been trying to figure out which of my blogs I should omit. Guess it won't be this one after all.

3 comments:

rindambyers said...

I have not figured out HOW to read my sitemeter thingie ding yet! Looks like you do what we do on holidays--work! Can't wait for Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll have one whole sweet day to sleep??!!

Anonymous said...

I read it!
Wandered over here from the Disco Mermaids constest we were in!

I love your work!
Laura
www.LauraLudwigHamor.com

cloudscome said...

You better not omit this one. I still haven't found your other one(s) and I read you all the time. How about linking your others? Or just give me a hint if I am blind.