Monday, November 20, 2006

Two days with the K!



K's school is out for the entire week, so I'm staying home with him today and tomorrow. The wife will stay home with him on Wednesday and the day after Thanksgiving.

The wife understands how...um, focused I can be when I'm on a mission, and I'm on one. I want to create a few sketches for my dummy book, before I start final sketches on FARMER. The wife doesn't want me so engrossed in work, that K roams the house for two days straight, watching TV and making a mess. So she put us on a schedule: 9 a.m. eat breakfast. Read till 10. Math at 11. Take a walk at noon. Nap at 2, and so on.

I don't do schedules. Not. At. All. Not. Ever.

So, for the next few days, I've set work aside. Well, kinda sorta. Yes, we'll eat. Then we'll read. We'll squeeze in some math and some games. Then we'll go to the park. Maybe even ride the Zilker Zephyr. But no schedule. We'll do things when we do things, and if we don't feel like doing things, we won't. And I'll sneak in some sketch/dummy book time when he takes a nap or a cartoon break.

*********
In other news: I'm sick. Bad cold, flu or something. Sore throat, clogged ears, pain, pain and more pain. I'm already not looking forward to our Thanksgiving plans, but now I'll be doing it with a runny nose and flu breath.

1 comment:

rindawriter said...

Sorry, you don't feel well..hate that on holidays especially. I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving! Finally, husband and I get a holiday and some time together..and NO company! Yeah!