Saturday, October 28, 2006

This first second

This second is the first second I've had in over a week that belongs entirely to me

where I don't have to be somewhere by a certain time

or do something for someone

Or figure something out

I'm not on deadline. Well, I take that

back, I'm always on some kind of deadline.

When my wife wakes up from her nap, she wants me to...

When my son wakes up from his nap, he wants to...

Normally, I'd love to. But at this second, I don't want to do anything.

Hear the phone ringing? I'm not even gonna answer it.
Please, let me have my second.

I want to write a poem, read a book, watch The Monsters on TV

without interruption.

This past week was heavy

I think I lost it yesterday or was it the day before? Or maybe it was Monday. I can't remember.

But I just found it , got it together, this first second I've had to myself in over a week.

1 comment:

jj said...

I hope you get a few more seconds, maybe even a minute or two or three - how about an hour! Nothing happens without playtime (do-nothing-time.)