Friday, October 06, 2006

Bullet dodged

As I left the house this morning, I made one last check to be sure I had everything I needed for the trip. Slide projector? Check! Speech notes? Check! Wallet, glasses, cash? Check, check, check!

So, I shut down my computer, turned off the lights in my studio, and that's when I noticed a piece of paper — one out of a trillion scattered all over my studio floor. It lay there winking at me, vying for my attention. I picked it up. It was page 3 of the notes for my speech! Somehow, it had escaped from the rest of my notes, paper clipped and packed away in the trunk of my car. That meant one thing: Page 3 of my duplicate, in-case-of-emergency, copy was also missing.

I pretty much have this thing committed to memory, but it would have been quite startling to flip to page three, only to discover page 4 staring back at me.

Bullet number-one dodged!

1 comment:

rindawriter said...

I think Don maybe some tape or a big stapler just for speeches? You'll DO FINE!