Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Manuscript swapping

This picture book critiquing thing is SO. MUCH. FUN! I just received Chris’ manuscript, and I am so excited to get another opportunity to read it and see how it's grown!

For me, I had a hard time letting go of my manuscript. I've hovered over it the past couple of days. I'm quite happy with the direction it's taken, but still, it's a tall tale, and for some reason, I'm embarrassed about sharing it.

With a tall tale, you just have to let it all hang out, loosen up, get silly, have fun. I found it hard to do all that, while at the same time, being serious about wanting to get it published.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Whenever I get discouraged and start thinking that I really can't write, I get really encouraging feedback from blog readers. Here's a few comments taken from my other blogs. These comments keep me going when I want to give up:

"You're skilled at making quality character stories out of mundane events."

"You write as well as draw. Is there no end to your talents?"

"...that's a beautiful, very well-written post. A powerful memory, which you've turned into a story. Good work."

"I envee you your talant for drawing, and I like your writting."

1 comment:

rindambyers said...

Frame 'em and put 'em somewhere you look a lot! That's what I do with quotes I love. HELPS! A lot.

Did I ever say that you were talented, really talented somewhere? If not, well, I just said it!