Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tree frog: step 3, details



Photoshop allowed for better color and value judgements. After importing my digital photo, I decided that the moon value was too bright, coming forward, when I wanted it to recede. So, I used cool, dark colors to make it fade into the background. I also added highlights to the moon crest. I didn't want the crest to overpower the frog, as on the previous t-shirt design. Once the colors worked, I used the image from my computer as a guide for my actual painting. I have two hours to finish this up, and I still want to get in at least a 3-mile run. So, back to work.

3 comments:

Susan Taylor Brown said...

I am loving the step-by-steps you are sharing here, Don. It's the same idea I tried to do with my "Evolution of a Poem" for last Poetry Friday but it is so much easier to SEE the steps like this with the art.

Susan Taylor Brown
http://susanwrites.livejournal.com

Kim said...

How neat to be able to see all the steps involved! Thanks for showing us! I love it.

rindambyers said...

Your painting "rough drafts" are SO much nicer than mine for quilts! I think I'm going to request water color tubes for Christmas now...