Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tueday's highs and lows

High: Be sure to check out, Illustrator Update: Don Tate, an updated interview with Cynthia Leitich Smith, and an earlier interview from 2000. Though, I am mostly an illustrator, I've been warmly embraced by the children's writing community as well, and I am thankful for that. Already, I've received a couple emails from writers who've read the interview!

Low: I'm really sick today. I was literally up all night with an awful, burning stomach ache, so I'm operating on an empty sleep tank. All my Google symptom searches point to stomach ulcer, but that may be the hypochondriac living inside my head. It may simply be the chicken I had for dinner last night.

High: I received a rave review from School Library Journal for my artwork in The Hidden Feast. "...Tate's beautifully laid-out illustrations are a delight..."

Low: I'm really sick today. Did I already mention that?

High: I'm too sick to end on a high note. : (

3 comments:

Don Tate II said...

Rinda: That Segway coloring page you mentioned...I know how to do that! Kinda, and had planned to include something like that in a future redesign of site.

rindambyers said...

Oh, goodie, yum, yum!!! You mean I can go to your site and actually play??? Oh,I think it's a fantastic idea to get some games or drawing tools on there! I'll go to your site rather than Sedway's then!

I am SO glad to see you got a good review! I think you should check with the doctor about that stomach pain. Especially, don't take ANY aspirin and no nonsteroidals like Aleve or ibuprofen until you do, okay? Just Tylenol. They have excellent inexpensive treamtents now to get this kind of condition cured up quickly. If you don't get it treated, you can run a good risk of a STOMACH ULCER! Ah, no, no, no, you don't want that now.

Kim said...

Great interview with Cynthia! I enjoyed reading it! Much better review too (at least for the artwork).

I think I saw the one you didn't like. You could always try to offset it by asking some fans (friends) to post some positive reviews.