Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Saying goodbye to Justin



Justin will be leaving me today. I've enjoyed his visit, but he worked me silly in just the short amount of time he was here.

This story will be republished in basal form for the school market. It required 10 full-spread paintings, and one spot. I finished it in a record-setting pace, in just little over a month. When I accepted this project, I didn't really think I could do what they needed in only a month, but I did much better than anticipated. I still finished within deadline (give or take a day or two), and I still ran three times a week. I also worked out twice a week, blogged and cartooned almost daily, finished a sketch for Scott Foresman, adjusted and approved 8 designs for DT (my collection not added, yet), and even spent a little time with the family. Not bad.

Now, today, I'm sending Justin off to Harcourt. And in his pocket, I'm stuffing a great big ole' fat invoice. Thanks to Justin, the wife will soon be getting a brand spankin' new iPod, and an iMac in my attempt to restock up on brownie points.

3 comments:

Miss P AKA Her Royal Cliqueness said...

Awww he's such a cutie!

rindambyers said...

He is indeed, and your LOVELY wife is one lucky WOMAN!

paula said...

Busy guy! I really like this piece, Don. Well done!