Saturday, March 18, 2006

Congrats go out...

...to a few author/illustrator folks that I actually know!

Dianna Aston, whose book, An Egg Is Quiet (Chronicle Books, April 2006), received a starred review from Kirkus.

Varian Johnson's Red Polka Dot in a World Full of Plaid is #6 on the Essence Best Seller List(March 2006) for Paperback Fiction.

Janee Trasler received a two-book deal with Little Brown and Company. Ghost Eats it All, is due out in time for Halloween 2006. Ghost Gets Dressed will publish the following year.

Brian Yansky, author of My Road Trip to the Pretty Girl Capital of the World (Cricket, 2003), has sold a second novel, though, for the life of me, I can't find where I read that recently. Excuse me if I'm wrong, I'm a grandpa, you know.

2 comments:

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

Thanks for posting the good news--I'll have to drop Dianna a note. Also, Brian's book sold to Llewellyn. Hooray!

Varian Johnson said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I was going to post where Brian sold his book to, but I guess Cyn beat me to it.

I hope you had fun at TLA.