Sunday, February 19, 2006

Squeezing in some father/son writing time



I don't think I've ever mentioned before that I've been working on a manuscript of father and son poems and vignettes. Maybe "I've been working" is a bit strong. I've sat down twice, for a total of about three hours to work on the idea. But I have a year of first draft material on my blogs in which to review, and revise, and build upon. I tend to write about my son quite a bit.

After looking over my old stuff, boy, I've realized, I've gotten better. Not great. Not even good. Just better. But after a year of writing, I've learned that it's the revisions that make mediocre writing good, better, and then best.

Oh, and, uh, excuse the crooked teeth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...that is an absolutely adorable picture.
Susan Taylor Brown
http://susanwrites.livejournal.com

rindambyers said...

Don, do work more on this! It sounds like a great idea. Did you know that your son has a smile just like his mother's? And a personality like his dad's, I am sure!

Well, Don, I am finally allowing the world into my private creative workspace, with pictures and all on my blog, if you have a chance to drop by. I'm afraid it's pretty quirky and messy compared to yours which looks very professional in comparison! But it has a wide window and good light and it's mine all mine! No computers in this space, only pure creativity and PLAYING around!