Friday, February 03, 2006

Justin has invaded!



Justin, as in Justin and the Best Biscuits in the World has invaded my studio! Finally, I got word to start final art. I transferred my sketches to Canson paper. I mounted the transferred drawings to foam board. And after finishing ten raw sienna/burnt umber oil underpaintings, I looked up and realized that Justin had moved in, and he won't be going anywhere for the next three weeks, or so. The challenge: there's ten paintings here, all due by March 1. It takes me anywhere from 3 to 6 months to paint 18 spreads, about what's necessary for a 32 page picture book. You do the math.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely already, Don!

I want some of those biscuits!

Janee

rindambyers said...

Don! You have a work space to die for! Wow! Look at those sketches! I, the no-artist, am just in AWE! Now, you just keep working away, brotha...all of us here in hyperspace are rooting for you!

Roz said...

GOOD GRAVY! How in the world are you going to get them finished?
Justin looks very cool!