Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The good, the bad and the benefit of having a good licensing agent

The bad news is that Lowes cancelled my bed and bath collection after only one year of stocking it.

The good news is that WM has picked up a variation of the design.

The bad news is that WM only chose one.

The good news is that in addition to picking up the one design, they also picked up four other designs, for a total of five.

The bad news is that the art has to be adjusted immediately, and I lost one somewhere on my computer, which means I'll have to put my paintings on hold to adjust the art, and recreate one.

The good news is I'll have 5 new children's textile designs available at WM, and specialty fabric stores toward the end of the year.

The bad news is...well, this post doesn't end with any bad news.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a a blog reader, but as african american male art teacher, I respect and admire your work and respect the fact that you are trying make a living with your artwork.I would like to do more art work and teach less, but it has not happened yet

Don Tate II said...

Thanks much. Actually, I'd like to create less maps and charts, and do more art. I work full time as a news artist. Maybe you could pursue your artwork on the side after hours. My best!

Varian Johnson said...

I'd take "bad" news like that anyday. Congrats.