Monday, December 19, 2005

The littlest angel



I took this picture of my son this past weekend. He played an angel in a nativity scene during his Sunday school class. Yes, he knows how, and when to pose for the camera. The photo reminded me of the book, The Littlest Angel by Charles Tazewell. In it, a little angel cannot stay out of trouble in the celestial city:

"His halo was permanently tarnished where he held on to it with one hot, little, chubby hand when he ran, and he was always running."

With the exception of the chubby hand, that verse would describe my son to a tee, he's always running, too. My favorite version of the book is illustrated by my friend back home in Des Moines, Iowa, award-winning artist/musician Paul Micich. I had the honor of seeing a few of the paintings in progress when created them some 15 years ago.

After converting the photo to black and white, I re-colored it using Photoshops variations tool, and added a diffuse glow.

5 comments:

The Gig said...

What a cutie pie. I wish I could have seen that play.

ShellyP said...

Look at those big innocent eyes!!

San Nakji said...

I don't know... there's something mischevious in those eyes... don't trust him!

rindambyers said...

Oh, come on now! He just wnats to have a little fun! And give those boring old grownups a teensy bit of fun in their boring old lives.... I'd like to see him in a little movie adaptation of the "Littlest Angel!" Love that story!

Elle said...

Toooo cute! I somehow get the feeling that he's not always a "little angel" though, LOL! ;-)