Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dog-gone t-shirt designs!



This is one of several dog lover t-shirt designs I created last week. Yes, it’s message is a tad bit over the edge, but that’s what my client asked for — edgy, but huggable. The challenge, of course, was how to use the word as nice and palatable as possible. Pit Bull is the breed of dog that comes to my mind when I consider the message above. But, I was warned to stay away portraying a pit bull as…um, bitchy. Pitt lovers like their animals portrayed as kind, loving and friendly. Nothing like getting your face ripped off, lips first, by a friendly pit bull, huh? Anyway, I went with a generic-looking dog, and kept the design light and whimsical. Excuse my poor attempt at watermarking the image, but this is the internet. Know what I mean?

3 comments:

Rose said...

That's way to cool....wow as an illustrator you have so many options...

ManNMotion said...

I had to go to someone's house today to check out a damaged door..but they had two very large dogs. One I didn't get a very good look at because I was backing away from the rottweiler. Now that, my friend, was...not my best friend.

captain_howdy_girl said...

this is my kind of shirt