Friday, November 25, 2005

Here's a reason to actually read your contracts

Today, the day after Thanksgiving, is Black Friday. It's the busiest shopping day of the year. On this day the whole country heads to the malls to begin their Christmas Shopping. We don't participate in this holiday tradition. Battling folks at a crowded mall, and fighting over the last Tickle-me Elmo is like a scene out of my worst night mare. However, I was a bit irritated that once again, I didn't have any extra cash to allow the wife to go participate — just because.

So, I'm sitting here going through one of my licensing agreements trying to find the definition to a word that I plan on using in a future blog post. On page 2 of the agreement, my eyes hit the word compensation. I discovered that this particular licensee was due to pay me $1,000.00 immediately upon signing that contract last February. This is November. I ain't received no $1,000.00.

So, maybe the wife can go Black Friday shopping afterall. The thing is, being it's the day after Thanksgiving, I can't get ahold of my agent, or the licensee.

2 comments:

The Archivist said...

I wonder why it's called Black Friday.

But yeah, that has gotta suck.

rindambyers said...

Painful, I think! HOPE it gets cleared up BEFORE Christmas!