Monday, October 03, 2005

My Peepz 2006 calendars



























My Peepz 2006 calendars are here! I just received my copies hot off the press. They can be purchased through Calendar Club which operates seasonal stores in various malls throughout the country. Look for them over the holidays! They will be available through many African American art/book/gifts shops, and through most black college book stores. They are also for sale online at:
Shades of Color
It's a Black Thang.com
Cushcity.com

My Peepz are a fun cast of crazy-cool characters featuring African American tween-agers. Currently they are being featured on this 2006 calendar, but I am also working to develop them into other products such as journals, activity books, school folders or wall posters. Pie in the sky? An animated cartoon series would be cool. Hook me up.

I spent most of this past weekend creating this multiamedia presentation which introduces the characters. I suppose I should hire a copy editor, but since I didn't, shoot me an email if you see something vastly incorrect.

Thanks for your support.

8 comments:

Rose said...

Oh my goodness...I love it....I would love to have that calendar...

Kelly said...

Very cool, Don! Love them.

The Archivist said...

Would these be available on Amazon?

Don Tate II said...

@ Kira: Yes, I just checked. They are available at Amazon:
My Peepz calendar

Ray Dillon said...

Awesome, man! They all have good qualities and I could see kids going "I just like Kolby," or whoever. That's cool.

Good job, man! And best of luck with the products. I've never really gotten into product lines like that, but that would be cool and influential, because just about every kid would see it if it made the stores.

And I could definitely see this as a cartoon, man.

Kim said...

Awesome! I can see these being very popular! How about an early chapter book based on the characters? Love all your product ideas!

Kim said...

Another thought...weren't you exploring scrapbook art earlier this year? These characters look like they'd make great scrap book figures--either for paper scrapping or as a digi-scrapping kid.

Just thinkin'

Wawa said...

Love the calendar. Great characters!