Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Mums the word for now

Ever have some exciting news that you'd like to tell, but you can't say a word because the news isn't quite yours to tell, yet? What I can say is that today I had a second conversation with the executive editor at a major publishing house. I've been emailed one of the best manuscripts of my career. And I've heard the words, "the art director and I love your work" and "we'd like to make an offer."

That's all I can say for now.

I won't even write about how when he called today, I answered my cell phone in the second mile, or sixth lap of an afternoon run, and couldn't talk because I was out of breath.

6 comments:

rindambyers said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah, hurray!!! Looks like the big time for you, Don!

You DESERVE IT! Will be waiting eagerly to hear more....when ALL can be revealed....

Varian Johnson said...

Congratulations. Like Rinda said, "You deserve it."

And how do you find time to work out with everything else you have going on?

The Archivist said...

Congratulations!

You seem to be doing quite well!

Kelly said...

Hooray!
Keeping my fingers crossed that the contract arrives and the ink is dry soon.
Keep us posted.

Kim said...

FABULOUS! I think this is your year! You are really on a roll. Great news.

Susan Taylor Brown said...

Yeah, Don. I can't wait to hear all the juicy details!