Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Letters

Received a package with about 20 thank-you letters from the kids at Townsell Elementary School, Irving, Texas. They wrote thank-you notes, drew pictures and sent well wishes after a visit I recently made to their school. I especially liked the drawing below from a kid who drew a picture of me as I presented to an auditorium of about 250 students. Their sentiments undergird my passion of creating quality children's literature.















































************************************************
Unrelated thought for the day: Macaulay Culkin was Home Alone afterall.

Another thought :This combination of Blogger and Road Runner is gonna cause a brotha to go postal.

*************************************************
Word of the day: undergird

9 comments:

ShellyP said...

Ooh, I like the updated profile pic!

It's always nice to be appreciated.

WIP said...

Ditto to what ShellyP said; I hope my recent comment about an intellectual brotha and glasses didn't scare you. ... Sport'n the 'tacts?

Anyway, I'm glad that even little people appreciate you just talking to them. *Sigh* If only my efforts would go noticed. Such is life and my "blue" blog...

Jared Chapman said...

I agree. Blogger and Road Runner is gonna force me to an early grave, I just know it.
;)

Diva said...

Children are absolutely amazing! That was sweet.

Christopher M. Beatrice said...

Sounds like you have a little fan club. Nothing like making a child smile. Great job man.

Nikki said...

Man what a sweet story. You got your first groupie.

The Gig said...

Hey Devas -- who is that handsome guy in the picture on your blog? It's a very nice one.

Way to go -- I love kids, they are usually an honest bunch of people, plus they are some of the best people in the world.

greggy said...

gifts like that from kids are...priceless!

but I have to agree with them though...you are one talented illustrator bruh!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

"Your Friend"....Aawww. That must've your day. I can only imagine how many fridge magnets you own. :o)