Monday, May 02, 2005

Cheers for Black!

Just received official word from my publishers at Lee & Low Books that Black All Around! my fourth book (second with Lee & Low) has been named to the 2005-2006 Children's Crown Gallery master list. The mission of the Children's Crown Gallery is to encourage elementary students to read wholesome and uplifting books. Students will vote on their favorite book in the spring, so the top selection from a group of ten will be announced then.

I will be signing Black All Around! this week at IRA's (International Reading Association) annual conference in San Antonio, Tuesday May 3, booth #444 at 10: a.m.
Click for more info.

And for Mz. Giget who has been recently experiencing writers block, here's an article from the Lee & Low site on breaking the storytelling mold.

And since I'm way too busy and shouldn't be blogging, I'd better vamoose while I'm ahead.

*************************************************
Word of the day: vamoose

8 comments:

WIP said...

I love this cover...especially the little girl's alternating fingernail color. Cool! Congrats and best to you at your upcoming conference.

heather said...

Congratulations Don! The illustrations are wonderful.

I visit your blog all the time, but I'm one of those quiet ones.

Oricon Ailin said...

Congratulations Don!! That is absolutely wonderful! I wish you lots of luck!

Have a good time at your conference tomorrow. *smiles*

Myrah said...

Don Congrats! I will look for this book in the book store!

The Gig said...

Way to go son! Thanks for the info. I checked it out -- good ideas. Keep me posted. I hope it won't embarrass you if I say "Love Ya!" on your blog. smile, smile, smile

diong said...

Congratulations! Great work!

Nikki said...

Wow, the illustrations are off the chain!! Congrats, Don!!

The Archivist said...

The illustrations are wicked!! Congratulations!