Saturday, April 09, 2005

What'd he say?



















The son and I are getting dressed. It's Friday and I have the day off. He was up most of the night sneezin' for some reason, so kept him at home with me, although I have much work to get done. I send him to the potty before getting him dressed. We're taking the wife to lunch, and there's nothing like getting on the road and having an emergency potty situation. He returns from the bathroom completely naked, a piece of toilet paper stuffed between his buns and a big smile on his face. " Look, dad! I'm a chicken."

The wife says, "Devas T, don't you go and post that story on the internet." But I figure, what's the big deal? I didn't photograph his toilet-paper-stuffed butt, although don't think it didn't cross my mind. It was hilarious! But I know in these post Michael Jackson-with-little-boys days, we can't go around posting our children's butts on the internet.

He sees my above sketch in progress. "Dad, that's funny. I'm gonna have to do that again."

************************************************
Unrelated thought for the day: Very cool. While waiting in line at Book People to get my copy of Buddy: The Story of Buddy Holly autographed by the author Anne Bustard and illustrator Kurt Cyrus, I had the chance to pick the brain of Brian Yansky, an author of teen novels (My Road Trip To The Pretty Girl Capital Of The World) who gave me some great advise on writing my young adult memoir. Offered some great insight!

6 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

THis is so funny. It would make a good card or something I think.

I would not worry about the Michael Jackson thing. Your drawing is appropriately discrete to not have to worry about it.

Could I copy it into my files?

Jared Chapman said...

HAHAHAHA! Great story; Great illustration!

Oricon Ailin said...

Absolutely adorable! This story put a huge smile on my face!

And what an awesome blog. You seem to be a very kind and wonderful person. What a wonderful family you seem to have too. Your children are beautiful!

May I add your blog to mine?? *smiles*

PS---Thank you for visiting my blog as well!

Tiffany said...

You are so funny...We women love the guys with sense-of-humor. My husband is more on the dry/corny side and I love that too! I digress.
You should be proud of the fact that not only are you a gifted writer, but you can "illustrate" what some of us can only put into words. Your son will look back at this and laugh for years to come.
So, when are we going to get our "Little Don" series? My son loves Little Bill and Stanley...I think he loves all the "guyish" characters. May as well introduce him to another little guy...
And don't take my question as happenstance; I'm sure it's already been spoken or at least you've thought about it. *Smile*

The Archivist said...

Your son is quite unique. I applaud him. And great illustration as well.

indigene said...

This is laughing out loud, rolling on the floor funny! I do so love reading your blog!